Tuesday, April 29, 2008

First Edition: Beer of the Week

This is the innagural week of what will be a weekly installment guide to exceptional beers for you to try (or just learn about if they're not widely available) that are brewed by exceptional people. It is my personal goal to buy and promote as many local products as possible. By local, I mean those companies who have not extended their reach to national or global proportions. Just because it isn't local to me, doesn't mean it's not local. I have been enthusiastic about small breweries since college where I had some of the best cream ale I've ever tasted at the Selin's Grove Brewing Company in Selinsgrove, PA. So in their honor, the cream ale is my first BOTW. This beer is super-friendly and unbelievably drinkable. I found myself enjoying sip after sip as if I were drinking a coke on a 100 degree day. So if you ever find yourself in the heart of central Pennsylvania, you can enjoy a glass of cream ale by the Susquehanna river. You can learn more about the brewery here: http://www.selinsgrovebrewing.com/index.html

I hope this article finds you enjoying your favorite beer with your favorite people.

No comments: