Friday, May 23, 2008

I have made a functioning S/S

My singlespeed conversion is mostly complete. The chain/cog issue was resolved by putting on a wider BMX chain as the cog was wider than I thought. Not a big deal. The chain tension is perfect without a tensioner or a derailer...kinda lucky, but it required a slight modification; I had to file the rear droupouts back to account for the chain slack. Now it's operating like a well-oiled machine...and it actually is one. I put some Shimano SPD clipless pedals on, because they were lying around, and now I'm just getting new shoes to clip in them. I think the S/S will require the clipless pedals when I hit the hills. I also attached a bottle opener to the down tube where a water bottle cage would go. As luck would have it, the bottle opener fit perfectly using the cage screws, sweet. Now my bike's set up to carry and open beer bottles on the go, just what every man needs. When I get some new paint on it and some bar tape and finish it, I'll put some pics up.




P.S.- If you like what you read, subscribe to The Crank RSS and get a fresh post delivered to your computerstep every day!

No comments: